The Order

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Order hosted event

[Order]-Chronic
    [Order]-Chronic
    Commander
    Commander

Order hosted event Empty Order hosted event

Post by [Order]-Chronic Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm

I would like you guys to give me some feedback on what you think about planning an event to get people excited about the server:
    5-10 Nomad players have: Nomad Fighters, Bombers, Gunboats, Battleships (Get approved by admins).
    Have the rest of the players be Humans and bring whatever they can and we have some sort of PVP match where the Nomads are invading or something with a full scale assault on Liberty space and The Order need to recruit people to help fend them off.
    We could offer up prizes for people who are last man standing or whatever.
    or
    Have 2 items (These are the flags) and have players jettison the item (flag) in hidden places for 5 minutes, then each team are to try and find the flag, (there is a Corvette or something with each flag the entire time so it can be found and won't disappear and to act as a guard). The team that can bring the enemy flag to their team's flag wins.
    I love capture the flag IRL so this would be a blast and I am sure that many many more players would have a lot of fun too.
    or
    We could hold a race, the admins beam themselves somewhere and players have to go out and use their scanners to find where the admin is, the first person to find the admin gets a prize like a codename, special weapon, or cash prize. I have participated in such an event on another server before and everyone loved it and many people participated.

These are a few ideas that I came up with brainstorming, since The Order are probably the most powerful faction on the server at the moment it is only right that we should do our best to support the server and help get new players online and to host some events.
    I gave about 275mill to The Order bank so we have the cash, (on top of the 70 or so mill that [OA]Niar donated).
    Lemme know how this sounds and feel free to give ideas, I posted this in General Discussion to not mess with our RP but to give some ideas I have been thinking about.

Chronic
    [Order]-Misha&Croix
    [Order]-Misha&Croix
    Lieutenant-Ambassador
    Lieutenant-Ambassador

Order hosted event Empty Re: Order hosted event

Post by [Order]-Misha&Croix Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:34 am

A CTF like even could be fun, but only with serious planning. Plain systems are out of the question, the best one seems like Sigma-13.
    [Order]-Noremak
    [Order]-Noremak
    Major
    Major

Post by [Order]-Noremak Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:10 pm

That seems like an amazing idea Chronic.

Lt. Noremak
    [Order]-niar
    [Order]-niar
    Ensign
    Ensign

Post by [Order]-niar Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:46 pm

I agree with Misha&Croix, the CTF could be very interestingm maybe in some place were visibility is very low, or it's filled with asteroids xD
    [Order]-Chronic
    [Order]-Chronic
    Commander
    Commander

Post by [Order]-Chronic Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah even the Omegas (one in particular can't remember the name) has a lot of asteroids and mines in it so it would make it interesting.
    [Order]-Chronic
    [Order]-Chronic
    Commander
    Commander

Post by [Order]-Chronic Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:36 pm

I will await Kaal's approval before hosting the event and using the vault's cash to pay for this.
    [Order]-Kaal
    [Order]-Kaal
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by [Order]-Kaal Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Approval granted. See if the Admins or SPs are willing to help with the prep work, lol even help with some event costs. They can grant temp nomad ships and we can work out who gets to play who, as well as provide the items and such.

Youre in command of this idea Chronic, just point me and everyone else on what to do and we'll git er done. Kudos on taking the initiative buddy!
    [Order]-niar
    [Order]-niar
    Ensign
    Ensign

Post by [Order]-niar Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:17 pm

As the admiral said, whatever you need us to do, we're ready and willing to help Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:09 am