The Order

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Nomad ship in New York

[Order]-niar
    [Order]-niar
    Ensign
    Ensign

Nomad ship in New York Empty Nomad ship in New York

Post by [Order]-niar Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:19 pm

This time, it's the real deal.
    It appeared in the new liberty space, near the norkfold shipyard, and it was a real squid-like ship. I engaged him as soon as I saw the red sign on the radar.
    The player flying it is NO_MAD(actually took a while to understand the name x). Unfortunately, I had no time scanning his ship, but I'm sure he has some anti-shield missile, plus nomad weapons (don't know what class though).
    The worst thing is, it has an invisible mechanism, so the ship can disappear from the radar; I was shot down while writing, thinking the player had logged off-.-
    Fortunately, I hired the assistance of an SSI member, Einar, and he, plus my friend Taigore, was able to shot down the ship, sending the alien back to where he came.
    Altought it's hard to admit, I don't think I could have won even if he didn't play that dirty trick, so it would be helpfull to get someone to train with. Be careful out there
    [Order]-Chronic
    [Order]-Chronic
    Commander
    Commander

Nomad ship in New York Empty Re: Nomad ship in New York

Post by [Order]-Chronic Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:05 pm

I can help you out with the training, just let me know and we'll have some duals.
    [Order]-Asura
    [Order]-Asura
    Major
    Major

Post by [Order]-Asura Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:22 am

The anti-ship missile is acually just a Nomad Cruise Disruptor. It registers as a missile, however, in the ingame alerts. Nomad ships are classified as combat interceptors but they have a higher thruster output. Their weapons damage rivals a FAF with 4 codes and 2 SKS, and by rivals I mean surpasses by a fair amount. The trick to fighting them, and this might be easier to show, is to take advantage of the protection your shield affords you. Use missiles and mines when your shield is up. Using a CD right before a missile can work wonders as the CD will slow the ship down if it's in ekill letting the missile hit it easier. If you time it poorly however, you'll end up detonating your own missile with the CD.
    [Order]-Kaal
    [Order]-Kaal
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by [Order]-Kaal Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Remember if you feel like your back is against the wall theres no shame in enlisting the neighboring NPC patrols to back you up. Most nomad players are smart and cunning (HyperLethal Nomad Strain) but this particular NO_MAD is not quite up to that HyperLethal Level. Still if this talking squid is leaving the gooey safe lair in Alaska to attack NY, we NO_MAD is growing a bigger 'pair'.
    [Order]-Asura
    [Order]-Asura
    Major
    Major

Post by [Order]-Asura Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:47 pm

LMAO! No, Mi- er....NO_MAD isn't QUITE super lethal. Just super laggy : \

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:46 am