The Order

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Offense versus Defense by Arch

[Order]-Kaal
    [Order]-Kaal
    Admiral
    Admiral

Offense versus Defense by Arch Empty Offense versus Defense by Arch

Post by [Order]-Kaal Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:03 am

It can be very hard to find that perfect balance between offense and defense.

First thing to remember is you don’t want to have a head on with a target that has full shield when yours is down. You can break off and perform erratic maneuvers at high speed until your shield comes back up, which is usually the safest course of action.

If you are feeling brave you can begin your Fast Turn before completing the head on pass. You may take some damage but you will be in range and pointed at your enemy before they start theirs giving you a significant amount of time to deal heavy damage to your opponent. These are only two of many courses of action that can be used when you find yourself in a little over your head. Finding a good balance is something that can only be learned through trial and error.

Most importantly always remember, you have all the time in the world. There is no rush, take your time and keep cool. You'll find your shots are more precise, your actions more intentional, and be able to identify and exploit your target’s mistakes.

Always remember you can ask advice from anyone. There are many experienced fighters here to learn from.
    [Order]-Chronic
    [Order]-Chronic
    Commander
    Commander

Offense versus Defense by Arch Empty Re: Offense versus Defense by Arch

Post by [Order]-Chronic Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

I actually find myself turning before the first pass to at least take out their shields, then just keep doing that or just go on with the late turns. And also be aware of what your opponent is doing if you can see what they are doing near the beginning then you can counter that strategy.
    [Order]-Asura
    [Order]-Asura
    Major
    Major

Post by [Order]-Asura Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 am

Some very good things that Kaal and Chronic have said here. I cannot emphasize practice enough. Practice practice practice, and then practice again. Don't fight people you can beat, fight people who can kick your ass. That's how you'll learn to fly better. If you need to practice aim, no better way to do it than counterstrike. No shit. Try it. Other than that, there's still a lot to be said about strategy, about loadouts, and about matchups. I may get around to explaining some of it here eventually, but if you are really serious about getting better, you can stop reading right here, double-click on freelancer, and get your ass in the server. Kaal and I (ok, at least I) will be happy to help you.

And remember, you're not learning unless you're getting your ass plastered all over the wall behind you. I got to where I am (wherever that may be) by going up to the best PVP-ers on the server and repeatedly getting my ass shot up until something got through my thick skull. Anyway, good luck! And remember to have fun.
    [Order]-niar
    [Order]-niar
    Ensign
    Ensign

Post by [Order]-niar Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:24 pm

asura, if you can tell me when you usually log, it would be wonderful to join practice with you, I would be very pleased Wink .
    [Order]-Asura
    [Order]-Asura
    Major
    Major

Post by [Order]-Asura Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:16 am

Sometime in the late night (9:00 pm to 3:00 am) on weekends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:58 am