The Order

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
[Order]-Kaal
[Order]-Misha&Croix
Skyler
7 posters

A hopefully instructional rant

Skyler
    Skyler

A hopefully instructional rant Empty A hopefully instructional rant

Post by Skyler Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm sorry to make this post, but hopefully it will be instructional and not just a rant...

So earlier today there was a pilot named Talon who was completely destroying anyone in the NY system. This was while all of [L] and several [Order] were out in Omicron Rho on our trade mission. Of course when we got back everyone went in to attack this guy. Moving into the part that I wanted to talk about: After killing his buddy, [L]Fury and I chased Talon to Buffalo where I was proceeding to take him down slowly while Fury kept the npcs off me. I had him down a good way, farther than he had me down, and then a group of you guys came in guns blazing (sorry this is the rant part) When you come to join a combat you need to take a second to assess the situation. Scan the combatants, see how their bot/bat lvls are and see how urgent it is to come in guns blazing or if it's better to hold as backup. I know it's hard to stay back, especially when he's just killed several of your people, but sometimes rushing is is worse than trying to help. And for pete's sake, do not EVER bring a cap ship into the Badlands. I know you probably haven't had a lot of pvp practice in a corvette, but flak does not work in asteroid/scrap fields and when it does work at all it causes more harm than good. The corvette coming in and using flak actually is what killed me, it did no dmg to Talon and only ran me out of bats/bots and blew off my missile, torp and CM.

Sorry for the rant, I was just really ticked off that it was friendly fire that got me killed. Hopefully you guys don't call me a jerk and not listen, cause it really is important to asses a situation before attacking, especially when you're going to be using flak (in general if you have more ally fighters than enemy fighters flak is a REALY bad idea) If anyone wants any tips or training in pvp feel free to ask any "9" or "Skyler" character. See you guys around!
    [Order]-Misha&Croix
    [Order]-Misha&Croix
    Lieutenant-Ambassador
    Lieutenant-Ambassador

A hopefully instructional rant Empty Re: A hopefully instructional rant

Post by [Order]-Misha&Croix Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:15 am

Well, I havent been there that time, but from my point of view and prevorius experience, Talon isnt that much of an rp pilot. He just goes around NY, harrassing ppl and npc's. He even has a great misunderstanding about whats rp and ooc talk... As for the others to rush after Talon is baceuse of his past attacks against us. You know, rage can blind anyone...
    [Order]-Kaal
    [Order]-Kaal
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by [Order]-Kaal Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:18 am

I can counter that that Talon knows the RP, he/she is just not much of a ic talker. he/she is more of a shooter than talker hence theres little interaction.
    [Order]-Kaal
    [Order]-Kaal
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by [Order]-Kaal Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:39 am

Oh and on the rage issue...get that fixed. First analyze your surroundings, assess the situation, put a well combined plan into action then engage. When your engaged then use your rage to full aggressive winning combat.
    [Order]-Misha&Croix
    [Order]-Misha&Croix
    Lieutenant-Ambassador
    Lieutenant-Ambassador

Post by [Order]-Misha&Croix Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 am

Yeah, but its kinda hard to do that when you are new to this game...
    [Order]-Nivek
    [Order]-Nivek
    Commander
    Commander

Post by [Order]-Nivek Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 am

Skyler, you are not ranting...you bring up a valid point. It is extremely important to assess the situation as quickly as possible before jumping into a fight. Especially, with the Corvette and its Flak cannons. If not used properly, that thing can do more harm than good. We will certainly address this with all of our pilots. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your comments and understanding. Keep Safe and Good Hunting!
    [Order]-EdisonTrentIII
    [Order]-EdisonTrentIII
    Lieutenant-Ambassador
    Lieutenant-Ambassador

Post by [Order]-EdisonTrentIII Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:39 am

Just as a side point, it's okay for the rant, Skyler. And no one should take this the wrong way. I'd get PO'd too if I got killed by friendly fire. Which is how Talon killed other opponents too. I don't know who it was, but their method of fighting is astounding. We all need to focus on taking Talon down, and not on seeing a rant as an attack against you or your abilities. Remember, Talon is--and should be--your target. I think KOS is kind of a personal matter, but don't do anything stupid. Talon's devious and cunning, don't fall for small stuff. But GAWD I wanna get a fleet of capships and annihilate him so bad that even the Nomads won't want the elements left over from him.
    [Order]-Eversharpe
    [Order]-Eversharpe
    Captain
    Captain

Post by [Order]-Eversharpe Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Right, it also makes the point of making a plan not only if the target is already engaged, but even if he isn't. There should be some plan, something like sending someone in ahead of the rest to draw fire and hopefully get him to show his backside to the rest or come at him from 3 axises (that can't be the right spelling) anyway.
    [Order]Yelsew Mafilia
    [Order]Yelsew Mafilia
    Captain
    Captain

A hopefully instructional rant Empty My Appologies

Post by [Order]Yelsew Mafilia Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Skyler,
    With the most sincere appologies...I was the pilot of the Order's corvette at the time of the attack! Someone in our group suggested that I move into the badlands...I think he was Liberty Navy but either way I did. Though it was not my first time using the Corvette and I have docked a good deal of time in it, I took it through an asteroid field for the first time and have now found it does not work! Thank you for the advice in assessing the situation before moving in! That should be a lesson taught to all Order members. All I can do is ask for you're forgivness in the matter!
    Lt. Mafilia
    [Order]Yelsew Mafilia
    [Order]Yelsew Mafilia
    Captain
    Captain

Post by [Order]Yelsew Mafilia Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:12 pm

And for you're Missle, Torpedo, and CM...i will gladly replce them or refund them...however you wish!Lt. Mafilia

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am